Accusations are rarely received well. But questions, even hard ones, usually raise a response, because people naturally like to have their say.
Recently South Carolina Congressman Trey Gowdy, turned the tables on the Press when he held a “question-but-no-answer” session. Normally it’s the Press that does the interrogating, but this time it was Mr. Gowdy…and it was a pleasure to hear. I only wish we could have seen the facial expressions of the mainstream media, as they surely would have provided even more satisfaction.
Rep. Gowdy presented the Press with the most obvious “Do you knows?”…
* Do you know why we were the last flag flying in Benghazi, after the British had left and the Red Cross had been bombed?
* Do you know why requests for additional security were denied?
* Do you know why an Ambassador was asking for more security days and weeks before he was murdered, and those requests went unheeded?
* Do you know why no assets were deployed during the siege?
* Do you know whether the President called any of our allies and said “can you help, we have men under attack?”
* Do any of you know why Susan Rice was picked? Why was Susan Rice on the five Sunday talk shows?
* Do you know the origin of this mythology that it was spawned as a spontaneous reaction to a video? Do you know where that started? Do you know how we got from no evidence of that, to that being the official position of the administration?
He closed the session with a personal statement, “…Congress is supposed to provide oversight. The voters are supposed to provide oversight. And you are supposed to provide oversight. That’s why you have special liberties and that’s why you have special protections. I am not surprised that the President of the United States called this a phony scandal. I’m not surprised that Secretary Clinton asked ‘what difference does it make?’ I’m not even surprised that Jay Carney said that Benghazi happened a long time ago. I’m just surprised at how many people bought it.”
Infuriated Democrats are scrambling to redirect attention to anything but this pending investigation into the misdeeds and incompetence of our President and his policies. Threatening to boycott the Benghazi Panel, Democrats may decline to fill their five allotted seats, insuring that this investigation be free of their obfuscating influence. If that happens, things will be more open, judicial, and effective.
“When justice is done, it is a joy to the righteous but terror to evildoers.” (Proverbs 21:15/ESV)
The purpose of this blog is to encourage Christ-followers to see God’s Big Picture and be a part of it.